You probably came here in the process of doing research. Are you a small business looking to build a website? Or maybe you’re a non-profit, looking to redesign your website in order to more effectively communicate your mission? Or, are you the marketing director for a multi-million dollar organization looking to improve customer relations and increase revenues?
Regardless of the type of company you’re with, or your position, Website Development Butwal is here to help you understand the full cost of a website. We’re a transparent and open Digital Design Agency and have been helping clients of all kinds through projects of all sizes for over 8 years. We have a unique approach to projects, ensuring they launch on time and on budget and work with clients to make the best decisions based on ALL of their requirements (not just price).
So please keep reading to understand “what does a website cost” and ways to plan around these costs for your own business.
LET’S DETERMINE WHAT TYPE OF WEBSITE IS RIGHT FOR YOU
One way to determine how much your website may cost, is narrowing in on your particular industry. Every industry is a bit different and the minimum requirements, design, images, etc. can vary greatly between different business types. We can start here, select the business-type that most closely matches your own business or keep scrolling for a break down in a different way.
A small business websites requires few pages and basic functionally.
Medium Sized Business:
Medium size business requires a larger sites but don’t need as much as custom work as larger business.
Larger business requires more functional works to full fill the functional needs while maintaining brand integrity.
As an individual, a basic site with few pages about your service should suit your needs.
E- Commerce Business:
If you are selling a range of products or accepting payment online, an e-commerce site will be a good fit.
WHAT IT COSTS TO BUILD A WEBSITE
With this level includes a tool that allows you to update your website yourself if a company builds it for you.
Rs 40,000 – 1,00,000
Finally, something totally custom. A larger site, with advanced functionality to custom fit your needs.
WHAT DOES A WEBSITE COST? SPECIFIC BREAKDOWN
The following is a list of the most general things we get asked about for each project. In addition to breaking things out based on company type, and website “size”, we thought it would be a good idea to spell out some of the specific items involved so you can have a clearer picture on the cumulative price (and nature) of websites.
- Domain Name: $10-$100 per year – This is the price for new domains. Atilus charges $100/year for domain and DNS management, but you can purchase your own domain at any registrar on the web for around $10/year. Some old domains can sell for millions, but you probably want your own new one.
- Hosting: $100/month; $50 – $1,200/year – This depends on the type of hosting you choose (dedicated, shared, free). Additional fees may be required for additions like SSL (Secure Socket Layer certificate) or static IP Address.
- Custom Design/Information Architecture: $2,500 – $10,000+ – This includes the visual design, UX design, imagery collection, and sitemap and page structure generation. This is generally a part of a larger website development package. In our experience (and for our process) we generally spend about 30 hours up to and including this phase. So that’s onboarding, initial meetings with our clients’ marketing teams, and our design team’s work internally on the project, including final presentation and approval. That translates to $4500 retail on even a modest site.
- Shopping Cart Integration & Programming: $200 – $15,000 – What kind of functionality do you want on your website? Shopping carts, paid plugins, and custom feature development can cost extra, but the benefits of a fully customized and unique website can outweigh the costs.
- Website Content Creation: $50-$200 per page, or hourly – You can write your website’s content yourself, outsource it overseas for around $1 per page, or use a content writing firm which will charge around $100-$200 per page. Just like a website design, you get what you pay for when it comes to content creation that will rank your site high in search engines and engage your audience.
- Project Management & Information Gathering: $600-$3,000 – We want to help you and your website succeed, and that means creating a line of communication between you and your developers. This price includes initial consultations, phone calls, and any time that it takes to obtain the information we need to get your site going.
- Testing & Training: $600-$4,800 – While most websites are built on easy-to-use CMS’ nowadays, not everyone knows how to get started with them. This price point includes the time spent training you how to use your new site, as well and ensuring that everything works properly and giving you the chance to make any necessary changes.
- Launch & Digital Marketing Setup: $600-$4,800 – Having a team that understands digital marketing (particularly SEO) and your website’s role in helping to drive this for your business is vital to success. For every project we work on we have a 40+ stage process (which actually begins the moment a project starts with Atilus) to ensure the final site is SEO friendly and communicating to the search engines properly.
- Website Managed Services: $75-$150+/month –Managed services can include blog writing, post-launch testing, and content maintenance.May also include marketing and advertising services including AdWords, Pay Per Click Marketing, Social Media Advertising and more.